Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Riviera Nayarit – Activities




In my four days I barely scraped the surface of all there is to do here. I was entranced with the most personal dolphin encounter of my life (top) with Vallarta Adventures in Nuevo Vallarta. I was equally enthralled by an opportunity to bottle feed and play with 2-week old tiger cubs at El Tigre Golf Club (2nd) where adult tigers grace the course; they have a very successful captive breeding program here which is helping to broaden the gene mix of this endangered species. In Sayulita, Erik taught me how to surf, something I have long wanted to try (3rd). And the golf in Riviera Nayarit is remarkable – nowhere more so than at the famous “Tail of the Whale” hole at Punta Mita Golf Club’s Pacifico course, where the green is situated on an offshore islet in the Pacific Ocean which can be accessed via an amphibious vehicle (bottom). Have a look at www.VallartaAdventures.com for more ideas of activities in Riviera Nayarit such as their Marietas Islands Eco Discovery and their Canopy Adventure Park.

No comments: